Wind damage can cause heavy losses in all areas of Agriculture and Horticulture. By using a Windbreak / windfilter you can:
1. Increase crop yields, improve quality of produce and minimize crop damage.
2. Aid in controlling temperature's.
A windbreak reduces the winds velocity and causes an upward deflection over the barrier, providing a zone of protection to the point of descent on the leeward side.
Effective use of windbreaks can significantly reduce temperature losses and heating bills. Wind protection of young trees increases their growth rate and promotes earlier and heavier crops.
- Greenhouses- Effective use of windbreaks can significantly reduce temperature losses and heating bills.
- Pastures- Windbreaks can reduce wind abrasion and encourage pasture growth.
- Horticulture- Wind protection of young trees increases their growth rate and promotes earlier and heavier crops.
- Stock- Windbreak reduces the dust problem around feed sheds, stockyards and poultry sheds.
Wind Break is a knitted monofilament fabric ideal for wind protection around gardens, greenhouses, nurseries, tennis court, bbq areas, pergolas, etc.
Windbreaks wind reduction ability is measured in terms of its porosity. This refers to its 'openness' of the fabric and is measured in the approximate percentages. Higher % are more open and present less obstruction to the airflow.
Therefore higher percentages mean less wind reduction. Wind velocity increases as height above the ground increases. In order to maintain a constant sized zone of protection it is necessary to vary the porosity of the fabric with height. All our wind break fabric are UV stabilized.
Windbreak can be fixed using special UV RJ Clips which is designed for securing fabrics.