Aluminium Tunnelhouses NZ Made
Taylor Built by Redpath aluminium tunnelhouse’s are one of NZ’s most popular and we have supplied many 1000’s to happy home gardeners, lifestylers, schools & institutions nationwide. Compare the size of our sturdy 32mm square aluminium hoops and four 25mm square purlin rails which give excellent strength and durability. Search Taylor Built by Redpath Greenhouses.
on YouTube for our latest assembly videos.
The main frame and base rails are 100% aluminium with no timber to rot, rust or to taint soils from tanalising.
Our frames include an integrated groove to reliably fasten the covering and easily allow you to use different types of coverings if required. The latest Mk2 design has a simpler and speedier to use “V Lock” cover holding system. Taylor Built by Redpath’s tall 2.3m apex height gives plenty of height for crops and gives increased internal air volume to act as a temperature buffer and frost protector. Our tunnelhouses use Duratough 215 micron commercial grade greenhouse film which is the thickest grade in the industry with a 10 year + service life. Duratough is specifically designed for plant production and has exceptional P.A.R light transmission to help lock in night-time temperatures and give superior light levels during the day. Duratough is extremely durable against storm, sun, snow and hail plus it is safe around the home. (Or swap-out the clear Duratough for white coloured long-life Durashade film cladding)
You can personalise your tunnel with many optional extras to ensure your greenhouse matches your location and your crop growing needs
The 6m through to 12m length tunnels include a 1.6m length roof vent. The 15m and longer models include three roof vents, You can also add extra roof vents and also add an optional solar powered automatic roof vent opener to any or all roof vents.
All models include a 630mm wide sliding roller bearing aluminium front door. A rear wall door may also be fitted as an option. A wider 830mm ‘Wheelchair / Wheelbarrow” door is an option at either end, as is a ‘dual door” option with one door clad in breathable mesh and the other in Duratough.
All tunnels include a rear wall louvre window as standard, Plus you can select additional sidewall louvre vent(s) as an option.
Sidewall or rear wall shelves are an option, and for extra cooling you can select a temporary “throw-over’ shadecloth cover or fit a full length fixed sidewall 300mm deep shadecloth sidewall vent. You can also add a wind kit upgrade for modest cost if your site is a little more exposed, The wind kit adds extra Sidewall braces, Collar tie cross braces and reinforced hoop feet.
A custom sized raised gardens are made for the tunnelhouses – lengths are 1.4m, 2.8m and 4.4m. You can add as many gardens as you wish end-to-end to fit longer tunnels, and can also include an optional internal liner to act as a barrier between the stabilised timber and the soil.
Taylor Built by Redpath has been a trusted NZ brand for 45 years, and to compete with a multitude of often low quality imported designs we now sell to you direct. This ensures you get a great quality product at a great price. We include a NZ factory warranty, and full parts back-up service. To make assembly speedier we deliver the tunnelhouse to you up to 50% pre-assembled (see images above of a tunnel being collected to show work pre-done)
Taylor Built by Redpath is located in central New Zealand giving us an efficient nationwide delivery service, You can save on freight cost by selecting delivery to your local Mainfreight depot (collection from depot must be within 5 days of arrival)
If selecting delivery to your site you may need assistance to unload the delivery vehicle, or a Hiab option can be requested (surcharge applies). Be sure to unwrap/inspect for any transit damage at time of delivery or collection!
We manufacture to order with an average lead time of 15-20 work days to dispatch (often less).
If you get stuck using the shopping cart or have any questions, please call us on Free Ph 0800 427 367 or use the Contact us button below. All prices include GST. Check with your council if a building permit (if any) is required. (Base securing pegs not included please choose the best securing pegs/posts to suit your ground type and wind exposure)
Note: Some images on this page although very similar are not the latest design released on 1.9.23 with speedier clipping and updated brace layout.
3m length tunnelhouse special deal whilst stocks last. – Includes a 3m full length sidewall shelf , $188 value, (not transferable)
Compare the standard features included with Taylor Built by Redpath Tunnel houses
* Aluminium base rail included: No timber to rot or taint the soils, or steel to rust. (securing pegs not inc)
* Taller: 2.3m tall at apex allows space for taller crops, better shelf height & improved climate control.
* Longer life + thicker covering: Commercial Duratough 215 micron greenhouse film, 10 year service life
* Large roof vent*: 6m, 7.5, 9, 10.5m & 12m models have a 1.6m pivot cap roof vent included
15m, 18m, 21m, and 24m models have 3 x 1.6m roof vents included.
* Fastening track for covers built-in: Securely holds the Duratough & many other types of commercial
greenhouse film. (Also eliminates your obligation to source custom made covers in the future)
* Frame guard tape included: Polyguard reduces wear and heat build-up covering/frame contact points
* Strong larger hoops: 32mm square one-piece alloy hoops + 4 x 25mm x 25mm lengthways purlins.
* Larger lengthways purlins: Four 25mm x 25mm square lengthways purlins with steel brackets
* Louvre window: A 600mm wide polycarbonate louvre window in rear wall included in all models
* Stainless Steel fasteners: Quality long-life StainlessSteel fasteners/bolts are used
* Sliding door: 630mm wide aluminium door & track with roller bearing wheels (wide door option also)
* Delivered pre-assembled: Supplied to you up to 50% pre-assembled as standard
* Warranty: 3 year all part product warranty, + Free phone assembly support service weekdays
* Clean & Green: All aluminium framework and cladding is 100% recyclable
* Instructions manual: Assembly instructions included, See YouTube videos on Redpath Greenhouses channel
Tunnelhouse optional Extras: Build your tunnel to meet your needs! – Select options below
* Side-wall shelf 300mm deep, Aluminium, 3m, 4.5m or 6m lengths for the full or part length of the tunnel
* Rear-wall shelf, 300mm deep, Aluminium (Note – rear door option not available if rear wall shelf selected)
* Staging plant shelves, free-standing, 1m or 1.5m Width, 2 Tier or 3 Tier options
* Add additional roof vents
* Add an automatic solar powered opening device for roof vent. (vent not included)
* Fit optional sidewall louvre window vent window(s)
* Add a “Throw-over” knitted shadecloth cover-kit for quick & effective summertime cooling
* Add a full length sidewall shadecloth vent screen to one or both sides of the tunnel (350mm tall)
* Add an extra single 630mm or wider 830mm door to rear wall (eliminates the louvre window)
* Add dual front doors or dual rear doors, (One door is clad in Shadecloth & one is clad in Duratough)
* Fit a custom timber raised garden along the sidewall 0.75m wide x 3 lengths.
* Swap out the single standard front door cladding to breathable shadecloth for more ventilation
* Swap out the clear Duratough cladding for White shaded Durashade cladding (see price below)
* Upgrade to a wider ‘wheelbarrow / wheelchair access door 850mm wide opening.
* Add a wind upgrade kit, Extra side braces, Collar ties and arch foot strengtheners
* Check out our YouTube channel for assembly videos – Click here
Any questions – Free Ph 0800 427 367
Tunnelhouse Mk2 model sizes, prices, specs inc gst,
2.36m x 3m $999.00 Includes base rails, door, & rear louvre window, (+ 3m side shelf for limited time !)
2.36m x 4.5m $1199.00 Includes base rails, door, & rear louvre window
2.36m x 6m $1499.00 Includes base rails, door, & rear louvre window, 1 roof vent
2.36m x 7.5m $1749.00 Includes base rails, door, & rear louvre window, 1 roof vent
2.36m x 9m $1999.00 Includes base rails, door, & rear louvre window, 1 roof vent
2.36m x 10.5m $2199.00 Includes base rails, door, & rear louvre window, 1 roof vent
2.36m x 12m $2449.00 Includes base rails, door, & rear louvre window, 1 roof vent
2.36m x 15m $3490.00 Includes base rails, door each end, 3 roof vents, extra wind brace kit
2.36m x 18m $3975.00 Includes base rails, door each end, 3 roof vents, extra wind brace kit
2.36m x 21m $4398.00 Includes base rails, door each end, 3 roof vents, extra wind brace kit
2.36m x 24m $4890.00 Includes base rails, door each end, 3 roof vents, extra wind brace kit
Replace Duratough on door with either White Durashade $17.25 or White Shadecloth $17.00
Single wider door upgrade $138.00 either: Clear Duratough, White Durashade or Shadecloth
Dual door upgrade $258.15 either: Clear Duratough / Shadecloth or White Durashade / Shadecloth
Dual wider door upgrade $258.75 either: Clear Duratough / Shadecloth or White Durashade / Shadecloth
Rear wall / rear door options
2x lourve ends $138.00 either: Clear Duratough, White Durashade
Single door $214.00 either: Clear Duratough, White Durashade or Shadecloth
Single wider door $244.25 either: Clear Duratough, White Durashade or Shadecloth
Dual door $347.25 either: Clear Duratough / Shadecloth or White Durashade / Shadecloth
Dual wider door $374.85 either: Clear Duratough / Shadecloth or White Durashade / Shadecloth
Swap cover for white Durashade
3m $194.00 4.5m $232.00
6m $270.00 7.5m $307.00
9m $345.00 10.5m $382.00
12m $420.00 15m $443.00
18m $505.00 21m $567.00
Wind kit bracing upgrade
Rear wall shelf
$188.10 (not if rear door chosen)
Summertime Shade Throw-over
Includes Medium Shadecloth, Rope, Saddles, Timber screws
3m $111.00 4.5m $158.00
6m $204.90 7.5m $252.00
9m $299.00 10.5m $346.00
12m $392.90 15m $487.00
18m $580.90 21m $677.60
Crop support rail
Includes rail with polyguard, saddles and screws
3m $48.00 4.5m $63.60
6m $79.25 7.5m $94.90
9m $113.90 10.5m $132.85
12m $151.80 15m $190.70
18m $227.70 21m $265.65